Send A Piana To Havana

Paul S. Larudee larudee@pacbell.net
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 21:11:36 -0700

Dear List,

The following message is from Ben Treuhaft, the organizer (disorganizer
is more accurate) of a motley crew of piano technicians and donated
pianos and supplies to Cuba, among whom are Newton Hunt and myself and
(at various times) Pris Rappaport, Randy Potter, David Stanwood and
others.  The message is about a concert tour by Lida Lopez, Cuban
pianist par excellence, who will be available for concerts and recitals
in October and November along the route described from LA to Key West,
by the northern route.  If you are along their route, you may want to
arrange a performance in your town.  Donations of pianos, piano tools
and supplies and M-O-N-E-Y are welcome and are tax deductible.  Contact
info is in the message, but if you have any questions you want to direct
to me, my address is larudee@pacbell.net.  If you are interested in
joining our next trip, it will be in February.  Contact the same address
for more info.

Paul S. Larudee, RPT
Richmond, CA

folks, Cuban concert pianist Lida Lopez is here.  If your town would
like
her to play a recital of Cuban music this fall, let me know.
     Lida's program includes classics-with-beat from the turn of the
century, and modern serious music rarely heard off the island.
     Our plan is to tour the US making an arc along the northern route
starting in LA October 12, hitting the Midwest at the end of the month,
(but November 2 - 10 in Oakland, returning to the tour November 15)  and
ending up in Key West. around Turkey day.  If you are up to securing a
venue along our way (e.g. a church with an o.k. piano, or a large
private
home, or a small hall) and filling it with enthusiastic people, we'll
provide the show.
     You can either charge admission to cover your expenses, with
anything left over going to the project, or let us show the excellent
English documentary Tuning With the Enemy (50min.) and pass the hat. for
tax-deductible contributions, or organize it however you think best.
We'll roll by a few weeks later in a giant truck with a brutish mover
and
pick up any pianos you were inspired to donate to Cuban schools and
kids.

     Time is short, so get in touch right away if you think you might be
able to pull it off for us.     Thanks,
Ben Treuhaft
Send A Piana To Havana
39 E. 7th St., #3