Mail Undeliverable: Failure Detected piano

David M. Porritt dporritt@post.cis.smu.edu
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 11:26:00 -0500

Could not send message to USER: jennfee
Reason for Mail Failure below:

Message not Delivered.  Recipient's Mailbox Over Quota.

Frank:

I have not participated in this discussion simply because it is over my
head.  I'm learning, not teaching.

However, if you think if compression as the state where something is
smaller than it wants to be, and tension as something being larger than it
wants to be, that can simplify the engineering definitions.  If a
traditionally crowned board is held smaller than it wants to be, it is
under compression.  On this board that is constrained by the rib, the
bottom is smaller than it wants to be because of the rib.  The top is
smaller than it wants to be because of the bottom - and the fact that it is
one piece, this panel.  If the top, although it is larger than the bottom,
it's smaller than it wants to be, so it is under compression.

Does this make sense???

dave