evaluating sdbd. crown & bridge downbearings in a new piano

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 11:49:10 -0500 (CDT)

>Ron wrote:
>> ...ube of it's height (height^3), compression crown systems will tend to
>> have ribs that are wider than they are deep, where rib crowned systems tend
>> to have ribs that are deeper than they are wide. Other than that, computing
>>
>These parameters are surely so confounded with desired/designed
>stiffness:mass ratio that such generalization is unlikely.
>
>Stephen

I didn't claim it was Gospel, it's just an inconclusive hint. Completing the
"other than that" sentence indicated that I thought that computing the
bearing load on the existing rib scale could give you a pretty good
indication of whether the ribs could support the load. Neither, obviously,
is indicated as hard proof of anything.

 Ron N