Accu-Tuner Midi

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 17:17:48 -0500

Michel Lachance wrote:

>Kent,
>
>Just curious.  Why do you need the SAT librarian if you already have the RCT
>program?
>
>Michel Lachance, RPT

I have had the SAT Librarian longer than I have had RCT, of course. The
SAT Librarian will produce an ASCII version of a tuning record -- useful
for putting a tuning record into e-mail. RCT won't do this.

Beyond that, the SAT Librarian is a part of the history of piano
technology. It was one of the first applications of a computer for
anything related to piano tuning. It established the computer file format
that RCT still uses. It graphed tuning records. It established the math
functions such as averaging tuning records together. And it calculates
FAC tunings. (I guess I have one of the few Macs that can calculate an
FAC tuning.)

Kent