evaluating sdbd. crown & bridge downbearings in a new piano

Frank Weston klavier@annap.infi.net
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:16:53 -0400

Del,=20

You are really causing me to think now.  Are you saying that the tension =
in a bent (or wrapped) piece of wood won't cause it to stretch on the =
convex side?

This idea seems to be contrary to the basic Law of the Universe that =
states everything has got to be somewhere.  If the top side of a bent =
piece of wood does not stretch and the bottom shorten, careful geometric =
analysis demonstrates that as you bend wood, are changing the amount of =
wood in the cosmos, and we all know that only God can make a tree.

Frank Weston
       =20
        Good grief, man, the top piece did not "stretch," you wrapped it =
around a larger circle!=20
        =20