Bare Bridge

Nancy McMillan nlm@csu.cted.net
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 11:00:31 -0700

Del wrote:
> My experience is similar.  I've seen all of these.
>
> My next question...have you noticed any difference in performance, or
> tuning, or tuning stability that you could attribute to these differing
> bridge treatments?

I've noticed these different bridge treatments or lack of any also.
Can't say I noticed any tuning, stability, or performance difference but I
will try to be more perceptive next time I encounter a bridge like this.

This thread did bring another question to mind though which is: Does any of
these treatments we put on the bridge tops change the hardness of the wood?
Is there a chemical bond taking place that alters the hardness of the wood
to help prevent string cuts?
Sincerely,
Doug Mahard