Wurlitzer Grands

Leanne Cronin lecronin@worldnet.att.net
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 19:46:40 -0700

Hi,
My name is Leanne Cronin and I am a non-tech lurker!

I am a beginning piano player and am looking for a small grand.  I have read
what I could find in the archives, but there isn't much and I'm getting more
confused.  The dealer says that the Wurlitzer is made by Baldwin(its now
what the DH Baldwin was), or at least the scale on the 5'8" is the Baldwin
Artist scale,  Larry Fine's The Piano Book, Third edition says that the
Wurlitzer is made by Young Chang. But I also read that Samick made the D.H.
Baldwin line(no longer offered by Baldwin).  Can someone clear up the
confusion?

And after that, is this line of Wurlitzer grand any good?  It sounds ok to
me (not very discerning yet! I just don't like really bright tones).  I
can't afford a Steinway nor a Mason and Hamlin and right now I have a 1960
Acrosonic.  Should I wait for a used Baldwin Artist (20 years old or so) for
about $6,000 more?

Sorry to bother you with my non-tech questions.

If you prefer to respond off list my address is lecronin@worldnet.att.net

Thanks
Leanne Cronin
Fresno (97degrees and humid), CA