pianotech-digest V1997 #2030

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 01:12:46 EDT

In a message dated 9/29/99 10:45:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jkanter@rollingball.com writes:

<<
 What about applying a small dab of silicone glue to the inside of each
 spring clip before inserting? This would take care of the noise, and ensure
 greater consistency across the whole set of bridle straps.

By the time I would do that I would have a whole new set of nice straps glued
on the hammer butt.  Silicone glue is messy not matter how little you put it
on and I would not like to see the mess on piano actions.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR