Missing Bass String

PAT A RALPH KENNETH.GERLER@prodigy.net
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 07:52:01 -0600

John, depending on which factory made the strings for the manufacturer in
the first place, in some cases you can call Mapes or Schaff and give them
that info and do just that.

Ken Gerler

----- Original Message -----
From: John Lillico, RPT <staytuned@idirect.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2000 1:29 PM
Subject: Missing Bass String

> Wouldn't it be so easy if one could phone a supplier and say, "I need bass
string #13 for a Yamaha P22 SN 159974"...... or can we?

> I'm to begin servicing for a small college. My initial tour uncovered this
gaping space where string #13 (A2) used to be. Had it been left there, a
repair or replacement would have been a cinch. But without tools at hand, or
even a micrometer, another visit becomes necessary unless a telephone order
can be made.

> Does anyone know the measurements of this particular string or a string
spinner who does? (Seems like everyone from Yamaha Canada has gone to
Japan.)