Philadelphia Piano Festival 2000 - (Including temperament seminar)

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 21:34:09 EDT

In a message dated 4/4/00 8:23:37 PM Central Daylight Time, VOCE88@AOL.COM
writes:

<< Hello List,

 I thought some would want to know more about this. Please look it over and
 feel free to give feedback........... or to register.

Sounds very interesting and I was particularly glad to see the HT offering by
a PTG member that I have never heard of before.  One thing still gets me
though, there are all these classes about how to express yourself musically
but the HT class is separate from all of that.  In my view, HT's are
essential to the expression of such composers as Bach, Mozart and Beethoven.
I just couldn't sit through listening to someone talk about "tone color" and
how to phrase the music when the whole time, the piano is tuned in a
temperament that makes the whole discussion a moot point.

Please let the List know how that HT class is received and if any of its
teachings happen to spill over into the mainstream.

Regards,

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin