Quality in Pianos

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Sat, 08 Apr 2000 10:41:06 +0200

Never heard this one.. I am foggy on all this but my "understanding" is that
at some point in history Grotrian and Steinway and Sons were the same
company. Something about a son-in-law breaking off and forming Grotrian at
about the same time the Hamburg / New York constellation popped up. Might be
interesting to get the straight skinny on all that at some point.  Cant see
how they could be forced to drop the Steinweg part of their name now tho...
they have had it for so long already.

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.