Another Recital in 1/7 Comma Meantone

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 10:53:18 EDT

In a message dated 4/10/00 3:23:37 PM Central Daylight Time,
p003520b@pb.seflin.org writes:

<< Bill Bremmer,

 When will you be doing a technical workshop at a PTG national or regional
 convention about this temperament?

 Wally Scherer >>

I'm sorry but at the present time I don't have any such plans.  A word to the
Institute Directors about what interests you but is not available is the way
to make it happen.  When I proposed this very thing to a Regional Seminar
Director a few years ago, his very words were, "That would be a class
attended by very few people indeed.  I don't know anyone who goes around
tuning pianos in Meantone!"

I'll continue to write on the List and maybe in the Journal.  If you want to
discover the way this temperament makes a piano sound, you'll just have to
learn how to do it.  I can publish the information about how to do it both
aurally and electronically.  I have done it in the past.

Regards,

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin