Key pin thichness for Vertical Charles Walter

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 07:28:42 -0400

At 11:07 PM 04/11/2000 -0500, you wrote:

>Does anyone know the front and balance rail key pin diameter sizes for a 10
>year old Charles Walter vertical?  (For choosing the proper cauls)
>
>Thanks,
>
>Dan Reed
>
>Richardson, Texas

Check them with a micrometer. I doubt that they are different from everyone
else's
which will put them at .145.

This time of year I rebush the front rail using a .152 caul to allow for
expansion in
the summer. During higher humidity I use the .147 caul to allow for
shrinkage in the winter.

Balance rail caul is the same width as the pin (usually .145).

Bushing today, I'll take a picture of my key clamping system which I spoke
of a few
weeks ago and offered to send the jpg. I lost the file but if anyone wants
to receive it
post again privately clicking on the tag line in my sig file.

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@mediaone.net