Challen Grand Information

Ted Simmons ted@yourlink.net
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 14:36:27 -0700

Can anyone tell me anything about a Challen 49" grand, S/N 82740?  The
action is primitive, having only a jack with it's associated let-off button.
There's no repetition lever at all.  I've made the action regulation
adjustments as I would do on an upright, figuring the hammer rail is a rest
rail and not a rebound rail.  The piano is in pretty good condition, no rust
on the strings, and only about 6 cents flat.

How old is this piano and are there any special regulation specs that I
should be aware of?

Ted Simmons
Merritt Island, FL