Bird calls

Paul tunenbww@clear.lakes.com
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 14:53:21 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Conrad Hoffsommer <hoffsoco@luther.edu>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 01, 2000 7:56 PM
Subject: Re: Bird calls

.  Real close to needing a change of clothing.

> Conrad Hoffsommer - Decorah, Ia.

Shortly after we bought our wooded acreage, we decided to camp there and
begin to learn about our new surroundings. About dusk, just after finishing
a robust meal of flamed hot dogs and charred marshmellows, we heard this
comotion about 100' feet from our campsite. There was a "rustling" or
"wrastling" noise followed by "baby cries". This lasted about 4 or 5
minutes, then silence. The next morning we found the "kill sight" of an owl
and the remains of a rabbit. Nothing real messy, just a few feathers and
disturbed duff. A relative that raised rabbits told us a  rabbit's scream is
quite similar to a baby cry, and will bring in fox and coyotte-no sign of
them showing up. None of us have forgotten that blood-curdling sound and how
thin those tent walls were that night.

Paul Chick