Sanderson eletronic fork

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 00:15:26 EDT

In a message dated 4/13/00 11:07:54 PM Central Daylight Time,
pryan2@the-beach.net (pryan2) writes:

<< Can the Sanderson electronic fork be used on the RPT test?  Anybody know?

 Phil Ryan
 Miami Beach >>

Yes, you may use one.  It is not at all discouraged, maybe even encouraged.
The point is you must have an aural, not visual pitch source.  You can be
certain with that tool that your pitch standard matches that of the
Examiners.  In fact many Examiners, including myself have on to offer an
Examinee in case his or her fork or other pitch source is not accurate.  We
are not required to do that but it makes things easier.  I personally
recommend that you use it over a tuning fork.  Just make sure you check and
correct if necessary its calibration with the Examiners equipment before you
start.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin