Balwin Plate Repair

Richard Oliver Snelson rsnelson@dave-world.net
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 11:52:13 -0500

Del,
Wanted to let you know the Balwin is up to 440 and holding. I haven't
cleaned up and refinished the strut but will in the next few weeks. The
steel strap won't be very noticable since there are no visible bolts
sticking through it. And since the welds are horizontal they will barely
show after finishing.

I would be glad to write up the repair with pictures for the journal if
you think anyone would like to know about it. "Lock-N-Stitch" plus
welding. This is the second piano I used this combination repair on. I
was able to do it with the plate in the piano and by removing only 8 to
10 string either side of the strut. Dampers the same. Makes it easy to
test the engineering of the repair, with out all the work of restring
etc,etc.

Thanks again for the help on this.
Richard