Coleman 11

David M. Porritt dporritt@post.cis.smu.edu
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 12:16:55 -0500

Ed:

I told this accompanist that I'd return it to ET if she asked - kind of the go ahead and do it and apologize if they don't like it.  The piano faculty is another thing.  Each of them have 2 "B"s in their studio.  Have you ever mixed something like Coleman 11 and ET on two pianos that are sometimes  used together but not all the time?  About the only time the piano faculty use their second pianos is when they are working with a student on a concerto.

dave

On 4/14/00 at 12:39 PM A440A@AOL.COM wrote:

>Hi Dave,
>>I put a Coleman 11 on the studio piano of our most senior accompanist.
>> I left her a note so she'll know why it sounds as it does.  I'm anxious
>>for feedback on the results.  She only accompanies singers.
>
>That is going to be a very interesting trial.  Hope it goes well.  I usually
>recommend the idea to the pianist first, but I have two  accompanists that
>are using the Coleman.  It is almost a question of what they think is
>expected of them.  Enid has been using that and a Young  for accompanying one
>of the faculty here, there were no problems, but she is real used to well
>tempered keyboards.
>    Getting one of these under the hands of the piano faculty is a big step
>forward.
>Good luck,

David M. Porritt
dporritt@swbell.net