business cards, etc

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 22:34:11 -0500

David,

<<I'm curious about the thickness of business card stock.  What is it?  I
wonder how I would print the PTG logo?  The idea of printing on both sides
is appealing.>>

Not sure about the thickness. Maybe you could use a dial thickness gauge or
mic to find out.

To print the PTG logo, I used the graphic standards manual that I received
after joining the guild. There is an image that you can scan and paste into
a document or biz card program.  I used MS Word, and had a layout similar to
the sample card on the lower left of page 6 of the graphic standards manual.
I printed a "card" on a 8 1/2 x 11, took it to Office Max and got 1000
raised letter cards for around $43. They look nice. Nothing fancy.

Hadn't thought about double sided printing--good idea perhaps.

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS

P.S. If anyone wants an associate member logo, I'd be glad to send it as a
bitmap image. About 114K because I set the scanner at the highest
resolution. Email:  jformsma@dixie-net.com