Soundboards

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 21:40:08 -0500

>Hi List  would you explain what is known about reverxe crown in older
>uprights??  Pat Neely

Hi Pat,
I've never seen one with an intentionally reverse crowned soundboard, so I
don't have any useful information on them. I have, however, seen a whole
lot of both verticals and grands of all ages from new to over a hundred
years old that, while supposedly originally having positively crowned
boards, actually had negatively crowned ones at the time I saw them.
Soundboards can be driven into a negative crown as a result of poor design,
overloading bearing, poor construction technique, age and humidity
extremes, etc. What was the brand?

Ron N