voicing "brush"

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 19:40:07 -0700

Charly,

Check with the archives on this subject which has been chewed over pretty well
in the past.

Briefly, though, you might listen to your quick voicing job after some playing
to discover how long it lasts. My experience is that it doesn't last long, even
a vigorous scrubbing, but it's useful to demonstrate to the customer how
voicing the hammers can improve the tone.

Tom

Charly Tuner wrote:

> Being a newbie I'm sure this idea isn't new, but I experimented on the
> hammers of my own old vertical by very lightly "brushing" the hammers with a
> soft (brass colored) wire brush...

Thomas A. Cole, RPT
Santa Cruz, CA
mail to: tcole@cruzio.com