ratio?

Wallace Scherer p003520b@pb.seflin.org
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 07:56:45 -0400 (EDT)

I did some door-to-door canvassing a few years ago when I was getting
started and came up with these figures for our metropolitan area: (I
tried to be conservative so as not to overestimate the potential business.)

Population - about 1,000,000
Households - about 200,000
Homes with pianos - about 20,000 (10% - from my actual findings)
Of those 20,000 pianos:
1/3 already had someone servicing them.
1/3 had no player, so the pianos just sat there unserviced.
1/3 were interested in getting it tuned or repaired soon.

Hope that helps you with estimating your business possibilities.

Send e-mail to: WallyTS@iname.com or
p003520b@pb.seflin.org
Web page: <http://www.geocities.com/vienna/2411>