S&S head scratcher

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 19:08:08 EDT

In a message dated 4/24/2000 6:49:33 PM, Phil wrote:

<<I thought it might be the Sos. tab, but it's not.

What I was able to do was eversoslightly pull the action towards me and
re-adjust

the  Right cheek block for the optimum..but that is not 'problem solved',

although the note is now working properly.

any ideas out there?>>

Phil obviously the "O" is picking up bad habits from the SD-10 :-)
It is the sostenuto rod itself causing the thingee to act up.........symptoms
solved when you slide the keyframe out "slightly overpull" seems to indicate
such. Adjsut the sos rod back at the break between the second and third
support...this should solve your problem...if it doesn't it's the Baldwins
fault!! :-)
 A few other things can cause theses symptoms but the most likely is the rod
or underlever out of proper position.
Jim Bryant (FL)