Old things in pianos

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 20:28:28 +0100

This is a story I read in the "Lyra" which is a Steinway news pamphlet.

A technician in Switzerland or Germany, I don´t recall, was called in for a
tuning of a Steinway.
The woman was very posh and told him,"Ignace Paderewsky played this grand
(60 years back?) and said this was the best grand he had ever played" or
something like that.

The grand was in shambles to say the least.  The poor technician started
looking at it.  Opened it up, took the action out, and found a piece of
paper on which this had been written;

To the piano tuner.

Please try to make this horrid grand resemble anything like a Steinway.
I will be back at five o´clock.
					I. Paderewsky.

This story was written by the actual technician so I don´t question it too
much, even if it´s too good to be true.

Kristinn Leifsson,
Reykjavík, Iceland

P.S.