ramp

Wed, 26 Apr 2000 07:29:16 -0500

Jon,
At 07:40 04/26/2000 -0400, you wrote:

>A truck is a good start. I figure a ramp of 8' x 6' would do the
>trick for 3 or 4 guys to make the transition.

You still will have to be very careful.

There is a ramp between sections in this building which has 8" rise/8' run.
I have the concert grands on Colson trucks and found the lyre of one S&S D
dragging at the bottom of the ramp.

The lyre is beyond where the wheels are on the truck, and if the arms are
sagging at all, it is like a station wagon bumper drag.  I would imagine
that your 12"/8' angle could make matters worse. Lifting the keyboard at
the critical time seems to be the only remedy.

Fortunately for me, all that happened was the lyre props dropping and a
smudge on the carpet. YMMV

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician -mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College			-(319)-387-1204
700 College Drive			-(319)-387-1076 - Fax
Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045

Live such that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry.