Time Machine.

Wed, 26 Apr 2000 08:56:00 -0500

Uff Da! Ola,

At 14:52 04/26/2000 CEST, you wrote:

>By the way I can't understand why tuners put business cards inside the
>piano. Usually customers don't know how to tear a piano apart just to find a
>phone number.

I put them inside more for _my_ benefit than the customer's.

Case in point: Last week I tuned a piano which I hadn't seen in years. So
long, in fact, that it wasn't in my current database.  When I pulled out my
card, I reconstructed my tuning history for it and showed the customer how
long it actually _had_ been.   (Exchanged it with new card with new
address, too - I'd moved twice since I last tuned it.)

Conrad Hoffsommer
Decorah, Iowa - Home of the Vesterheim Museum, and where the sign as you
leave the MacDonald's says Mange Takk...