Bridge Repair

Daniel Jackson tunemwell@rcn.com
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 12:25:12 -0500

> >my instincts would run towards epoxy, slight pun intended.

 From my exposure to CA it is more brittle than epoxy

I have done several bridge repairs using epoxy - one was from the
hardware and was two part "steel" repair. It was dark grey. That one is
still holding up. Since then I use the West Systems and use phenolic
beads for filler if necessary. The West Systems will flow and capillary
extremely well. It also is good when you can't be sure of getting an old
glue joint clean enough to repair in a traditional manner. I've not had
any repairs of this sort break down - some going on  10 years or so.