5049 Messages

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 08:27:51 -0500

>Can any one tell me if the "list" is acting up or is it me (my server)? I'm
>using Eudora Light and did have a setting set to "Leave mail on Server".
>I've cancelled that setting now as it looks like I'm learning this by trial
>and error. Thanks.
>
>John Lillico, RPT,

The "problem" was the "Leave mail on Server" setting. It did just what you
asked it to do - left the mail on the server even when you downloaded it.
When you cancelled the setting, you released all that mail for download
(again) and deletion from the server. With most servers, you can visit the
service provider's site in your browser, go to the E-mail section, give it
your password, and delete whatever you want from your mailbox. It's set up
this way for the people who are using their server for archival storage,
but it requires periodic maintenance. The alternative is to just download
EVERYTHING and *not* leave it on the server. Once you have it in your
computer, bulk delete everything up to where you haven't read and you're in
business. As long as you leave that "Leave mail" setting un-set, it won't
happen again. I promise.

Ron N