5049 Messages

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 08:48:42 -0400

Hello John,

I don't know how your service provider works, but mine doesn't consider any
of the messages received (by me) until ALL the messages are received.  If I
(or something else) interrupt the transfer mid-stream, the server will
'assume' that I haven't received any of them.  Then next time I try to
download messages, it'll start over, right back at the beginning of the
pile, regardless of what I may or may not have sitting in my computer's
e-mail program already.

That's just how it happens here.

Wow, 5049 messages!  That's a lot of messages!  Sounds like several months
worth on my machine.  Were you able to see what happened by looking at the
e-mails?  Were they mostly duplications?

If your e-mail program sorts messages for you by topic or by sender or by
date, etc., it might make it much easier to pick out what you might want to
read.

Good luck John.

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA