Convincing customer - humidity

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 19:44:01 +0200

I like to use examples that most people know something about.. like why carpenters
dont glue long wood planks together and while also nailing to the floor beams when
makeing an old fashioned wood plank floor. Or why they always leave an inch or so
around the wall edges. I ask them to imagine what they think would happen to their
house if such a floor had been installed. Then I relate that to the idea that
pianos use exactly this capacity of wood as a design feature, a feature that needs
to be kept somewhat under controll for the idea to "work" right.

Sticking doors are also a good one..

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.