Research:leather covered hammers

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 15:10:11 +0000

Hello Diane, I´m sorry for your loss.

This research is very interesting.

I have never, myself, seen a piano with leather covered hammers.  Only the
OLD ones in the books.

Since you were talking about the possibility of other materials... what
about... and I´m not making fun...  appropriately treated cod-skin?
It´s actually becoming quite fashionable in market.  Cod wallets, cod
boots...I even have skin cream that contains cod enzymes which is becoming
extremely popular and expensive.

It sure would be interesting to hear about this if you tried it, at least...

Good luck,

Kristinn