Question about ear plugs...

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 09:08:19 EST

<<I have worn foam earplugs for many, many years to help me sleep,

>as I awaken at the slightest sound. I have developed a very frustrating

>ear problem that I hesitate to call an "infection", but it may be this

>"swamp" thing you referred to. I find myself scratching my ears quite

>frequenly, and there is always a build-up of stuff in there that i can

>never get completely out, and what i do get out just comes back again>>

Greetings,
     This sounds like a doctor should see it, don't mess around with a
bacteria colony in your ears.  That build up of stuff is your ear trying to
protect itself.
An alternative to ear plugs for sleep is a white noise machine. It will mask
most everything.  A long playing CD of surf noises or rainforest sounds will
also become so familiar that you will go to sleep just thinking