What is it?

Pianogreig@AOL.COM Pianogreig@AOL.COM
Wed, 31 May 2000 23:00:12 EDT

Arlie

This sounds like something I recall seeing a few years ago.  If I remember
correctly that was by Mathusek, who liked to try out all sorts of
"innovations".  The 3-digit number doesn't sound like a serial # unless it's
really ancient. Most serial numbers are at least 4 digits; Mathusek begins in
1865 with #1500.

That instrument was housed in the Museum of the American Piano in NYC which
has been closed for some time but is scheduled to reopen in the near future.
The director is Kalman Detrich, RPT, who can be contacted at 211 W. 58th
Street, NY,NY  10019
phone: 212-245-1234.  He may be able to offer you more definitive information.

Bruce