Maximum tension

Paul tunenbww@clear.lakes.com
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 07:47:41 -0500

Nweton
Would this explain why, for no apparent reason, strings in a section of a
well known piano i.e. Everett studio has strings breaking in the bicord
section during tuning and playing? Several tuners had a crack at this piano
and, finally the dealer replaced it with another one and no more problems.
But I've often wondered if increased string length due to poor bridge
placement was the problem.

Paul Chick