Bending rims... sideline from Re: Plate Bushings

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 07:17:29 -0400

Oops,

Sorry guys,

This has gone farther than I am knowledgeable enough to speak on.  I don't
know what Steinway does, other than what I've been told, which is old enough
that it may have no truth whatsoever.

What does Steinway use, Jim?  I've never seen it in person?  How DO they
bend their rims?

Greg, I'm not even thinking of arguing about stresses in the wood.  I just
offered an example of what I had to do to make a straight piece fit a curved
side in a relatively simple operation, and wondered if it had any relevance
to the rest of the real world.  I would guess not much.

Sorry.  Didn't mean for any confusion.

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA
btrout@desupernet.net