Speaking of vert. hitch pins...

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 16:38:34 -0400

In the thread on bending rims, which has taken some interesting turns along
the way, Del mentioned Baldwin's vertical hitch pin setup as an alternative
to having to drill / pin / notch bridges in the piano after installation of
the soundboard assembly.

I saw a grand piano just the other day that I believe was a new Story &
Clark.  I don't know if saw what I thought I saw, but it looked like
vertical hitch pins with a big groove near the top of the pin for the string
to sit in.  I wondered about that, thinking that with a groove, it's not
longer adjustable up and down the pin like the Baldwins.

Did I see that right?

Just curious.

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA