Cracked Keybed

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 10:24:11 EDT

In a message dated 6/5/00 11:46:57 PM Central Daylight Time,
tjack@pacinfo.com writes:

<< Thank you to all who have responded. I think I will try to route out the
key
 bed if necessary.  How much does this crack affect the playability of the
 piano and tuning stability if it is not moved? So far I have epoxied and
 screwed the cracked area together until a better fix can be had.  Is it
 necessary that it be repaired?

 Thank you in advance,

 Terry Jack >>

The crack will not effect the tuning stability. It might effect the
playability, if the keybed moves up or down. But once it is glued, it should
be all right. The biggest problem is when the piano is moved. If that leg
should ever take a jolt again, the crack is likely to reopen, no matter how
good a job you did.

Willem