torque wrenches

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 16:46:08 -0400

Hi Les,

A thought came to mind.  I don't know if it would be relevant or not.

I've often seen torque wrenches in the auto parts stores for not a whole lot
of money, a few I think were under $30.  These would probably be set up to
read in foot pounds, but I don't know if some would have inch pound markings
as well??  Also, they wouldn't be set up with a tuning tip on the end but
rather a 3/8" or 1/2" drive like would be on common socket sets.

Might be worth checking into.  If it would work, it might beat sending $80
or so to Apsco for one of those little 'Mickey Mouse' doohickeys they call a
torque wrench (that doesn't go high enough to measure Baldwin's anyway).

(Here's something amazing... the word "doohickeys" was actually in my spell
checker!! ) <g>

FWIW

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA