Slow down, take a deap breath...

Thu, 08 Jun 2000 13:57:34 +0200

Really... I aggree wholeheartedly Bob..

The fact is that there are a lot of junk pianos comming out of China for
the time being. There is nothing new or unusual about this. Every time a
new country starts producing bargain pianos on a large scale they start off
makeing a lot of mistakes. Same thing with cars, or just about anything
else. I remember when I was a kid that the words "made in Japan" were a
kinda joke. Spoke of cheap chinzy quality. Now look at them boys and girls
go.

None of this reflects at all on any nation or its people as a whole, and
the specifying of where a lousy piano was made does not call for
instantaneous shouts of injury and insult. Besides.. complaining about junk
helps those producing get better at what they produce.. at least those who
are serious about it all.

Sheesshh... its fine to point out that some techs can tend to the snobbish
side, but not at the cost of calling a spade a spade (.... no racial slur
intended.. in case I have to qualify that also..grin)

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.