Maximum tension

ANRPiano@AOL.COM ANRPiano@AOL.COM
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 07:56:37 EDT

In a message dated 6/7/00 8:21:38 AM Central Daylight Time, JIMRPT@AOL.COM
writes:

<<  Reason I'm asking is the Knabe I am working on has a counter bearing bar
in
 the treble but there were none in the upper tenor section(to capo) or the
 tenor section(to agraffes).   There are what appears to me to be the marks
 left by a bearing bar but as this piano has already been restrung once I
 don't know what was there. I have milled two bearing bars to fit in these
 sections but thought I would ask if you, or anyone else, can recall whether
 there were any actually there.
  Thanks.
  Jim Bryant (FL)

Jim,

What are you doing moonlighting in MY shop?  I have the exact same piano in
right now and will be stringing it today.  I spent a lot of time yesterday
looking and thinking about the same problem.  No bar in the third break.
Mine too was rewhatevered by a rewhateverer several decades ago and I was
very suspicious that he had lost it.  But now with what you say I don't know.
 I think I have a similar vintage Knabe over in the warehouse, I think I will
take a trip this morning and see what I can learn.  I will let you know as
soon as I get back in.

Andrew Remillard

An associate who hopes he is able to contribute a little here and there.