ETD Question

Fri, 09 Jun 2000 09:14:24 -0500

Wim,

>For all you ETD tuners, at least once a week, tune a piano without it. Or at
>best, do like I do. Tune all the middle strings, and then turn the thing
off,
>and tune the rest of the piano by ear.
>Willem

I would second that opinion.  As you may recall, I am an aural tuner, but I
carry around a Korg MT1200 mostly just to get a temperature independent
"A".  (would that make me an EA [electronically assisted] tuner :-)

I think I snatched a customer, recently,  from another tuner (RPT) who may
have become _too_ dependent on the box.   DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!!

Today's ETDs are wonderful tools which can help in many ways, but the final
arbiter is the ear.  If you don't use yours, the customer may use theirs.

Conrad Hoffsommer - mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
-A rose by any other name would still attract aphids.