help with broken tuning pin

Tom Robinson tomnjan@bellsouth.net
Fri, 09 Jun 2000 17:31:36 -0400

Hi Dale,
Tony makes some very good points.  A few years ago my dad, who was a maintenance
supervisor for La-Z-Boy gave me a set of square extractors.  I found these to be
much stronger than the old eze-outs and to actually work better too.  Basically,
you drill the hole and pound in the extractor, then turn it out with an
adjustable wrench.........what you call a "spanner" over there, I believe.  I
have never broken one of the square extractors.........not so with the spiral
ones.

Tom Robinson
East Tennessee