replacing castors...

Charly Tuner charly_tuner@hotmail.com
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 18:58:52 PDT

Hi all,

I would like to replace the casters on my Yamaha U1, as they are quite
rusted and "frozen". Can anyone suggest a way I can do this--alone? I
thought I had once seen a type of hydraulic jack that has a lift similar to
one of the blades on a fork lift...if so, this would enable me to "slide"
the blade UNDER the piano, and replace each castor, 2 at a time, WITHOUT
having to move the piano. I don't want to use a tilter because of limited
space in my apartment, and also because it's quite immoveable in it's
current state; I would have to move the piano 180 degrees, and away from the
wall to use the tilter, and this is not an option, so, that's where my idea
of a special floor jack came in. If anyone knows where I can find such a
thing, I'd love to know. Thanks!

Terry Peterson
Los Angeles, CA
Associate Member, PTG