MAC vs PC

Marvin McDonald pianomarv@home.com
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 06:12:13 +0100

Doug,
Back when you purchased your Apple IIgs ALL machines were obsolete in
less than a second after your purchased.  They still are.  However you
are one step ahead of most people.  You know what you want the machine
to do.  Simply look at what your colleagues are using and what the
professionals use.  You'll still be confused.  I have always advised
folks to pick the machine that calls to them.  The one that seems to
interface with them on a personal level and go with that machine.  It
use to be that MAC was THE machine for music folks.  Being a musician
that is why I intially got into MAC when they first started making
them.  I think that gap between the MAC and the Windows type machines
has been bridged but I will say that between my Macintosh and my Windows
machine...it is easier to install and configure software for the MAC.
Both machines have their plus' and minus' but they are both great
platforms and a lot of fun.

On the argument that there is more software for the Windows machine than
the MAC.  If there is software available for the MAC that will
accomplish the mission you set out to do I might add that it is easier
to make up your mind what piece of software you want if you only have
one or two or three choices instead of 10 or 20.  When I have to
consider the purchase of a piece of software for my Windows machine it
always takes longer than it does for my MAC because I have to check out
so many pieces of software.  I usually end up buying the piece of
software that runs in both machines.

Hope this helps you Doug, and what ever your choice is I'm sure you will
not be disappointed.

---Marvin McDonald Jr.- Associate