[Re: ETD Question]

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 18:45:20 -0600

Hi Mark,

I am afraid you are quite wrong about pianos not changing significantly.
Unfortunately the sound board influences inharmonicity, and the sound board
 changes with humidity and temperature. Some one has used the term
"impedance" of the board--not truely the correct term, but it does change.
Many FAC users will attest to the numbers changing over time.

At 07:03 PM 06/12/2000 EDT, you wrote:
>Robert Scott <rscott@wwnet.net> wrote:
>> Marc Damshek wrote:
>I'm hoping to come back with some hard information on that claim, because I'm
>not sure it's really true. For the task at hand, I'd certainly commit 30-60
>minutes to measuring a particular piano once and for all -- it won't change
>significantly from tuning to tuning.
Regards,

drose@dlcwest.com
http://donrose.htmlplanet.com/