[impedance]

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 15:02:53 EDT

In a message dated 6/14/2000 2:53:29 PM, Bob D. wrote:

<<Doesn't the moving bridge cause the terminus of the string to "appear"
farther away than it is? And the string therefore to act longer? And wouldn't
the stiffness of the sbd vary the apparent length, and therefore the
inharmonicity of the string?>>

Well Bob;
 If you insist on inserting logical thinking we shall just have to ask you to
abstain from further comment.  Of course inharmonicity changes and we don't
need to measure it to know that. :-)
 Measurement is not needful to determine the existence of...but rather to
quantify and directionalize the inharmonics of our choice under endlessly
varying conditions.
My view.
Jim Bryant (FL)
"hitting a moving target requires a moving aim but having aimed at the target
is not enough, the target must cooperate and behave as we have decided it
should do when we aimed..........it doesn't usually"
Faintly Dull