impedance and empericism -- longer

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 00:37:53 -0600

Hi Ric,

Sound boards *do* affect inharmonicity--and they are affected by relative
humidity. It is not a stretch at all (or rather it affects it, LOL) I am
not saying that sound boards are the only factor. I don't have a clue what
they all are.

I hope you did read the thesis address I posted on inharmoncity--it fits
what you asked to a T about acoustics.

At 12:46 AM 06/20/2000 -0500, you wrote:

>    Now tuning machines are recording differences of Ih and people are
>saying it is due to RH?  That is quite a stretch, if I may, to even imagine
>that  changes in humidity can affect the properties of the steel in the
>wire.
>If ETD readings were consistant and repeatible at various levels of RH I

 If there is such
>a thing as acoustical engineering in universities, that would be the place
>to seek out instruments to compare ETDs to.
>---ric

Regards,

drose@dlcwest.com
http://donrose.htmlplanet.com/