String coupling.

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 23:10:32 -0600

Hi Derek,

May I point out that RCT listens to only one partial. If you will look back
through the archieves you will come across *detailed* measurments on a
single note for *many* partials, that I have taken time to record. I also
took some measurements 1 second after, 2 seconds after, 3 seconds after
etc. Some partials went sharp and some went flat. Also the "full blush"
depends on how you have the spinner set in RCT, so even that information is
suspect unless you tell people what is being done. There is also the
*smoothing* setting on RCT. Is it *on* or *off*? :) I have a passion for
this sort of inquiry, so please don't eat the daisys! *grin*

At 09:47 PM 06/20/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi Don,
>
>Actually it was just an observation passed on from many tunings over several
>years. No test procedures were thought up by me.   You are right in saying we
>should set up a scheme where we can verify this in a scientific way.
Regards,

drose@dlcwest.com
http://donrose.htmlplanet.com/

3004 Grant Rd.