String coupling.

Larry J. Messerly prescottpiano@juno.com
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 23:29:15 -0700

Has anyone considered that this area of the soundboard may be the most
flexible and that the single string of a unison does not have as much
effect on the bridge as all three pulling the bridge up and down
together.

This would make the string "think" it is longer as the actual pivot point
of the string moves from the bridge pin to behind the bridge pin.

Larry Messerly