Knabe grand reputation

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 17:22:54 -0700

Hi Bob,
The quality of the Knabes are greatly affected by the period of time in
which they were made.  More recent Aeolians and the most recent PianoDiscs
are not the same quality as the older Knabes.  I have found some wonderful
old ones, and as Del pointed out, very well made.  When they are the right
vintage, they are on my short list of instruments worth considering for
rebuilding.

jeannie
____________________
Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Assistant Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
mailto:jgrassi@silverlink.net

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of RptBob1@AOL.COM
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2000 4:37 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Knabe grand reputation

In a message dated 6/26/00 9:05:55 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
staytuned@idirect.com writes:

<< stion. What makes the Knabe seem to have such a good reputation from that
era?

Hi John:

I was not aware Knabe had such a good reputation.  Every one I have ever
seen
from this era ends up to be a very average-sounding  piano.  All other
features are also very average.  I have never seen one that excited me
beyond
a ho-hum.

Bob Bergantino, RPT
Willoughby hills, Ohio